Monday 29 November 2010

Snow Basing

I have finally gotten around to writing this -


You will need –
GW snow mix
A tea strainer or small sieve.
PVA glue
Clean water.


Starting with a base I have already painting and added a bit of static grass too (coming soon – basing with weathering pigments).

 The first step is to liberally apply some watered down PVA glue to the top areas of the base.

Next take your tea strainer and gently apply a layer of snow to the base


It should be a fairly heavy coating, something like this.

Tap off the excess snow, leaving you with this.

This lays down a coat of thin snow that looks like it is slightly frosted.
Next mix up some snow mix with PVA glue and water it down a little, make sure you are using clean water otherwise it will stain the mix and not in a good way.

The mix should have the constituency of thick cream and is applied to the upper areas of the base and areas where snow would collect.
Once this is done give the base another dusting of snow mix, this is very important otherwise the top layer will end up looking like a sludge rather than snow fall.
And it should look like this.
Snow 8

Happy snow basing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
    just like to say thank you for a remarkable
    post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added
    your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
    lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic jo.

    Look into my website - hemorrhoid home treatment

    ReplyDelete