Tuesday 16 November 2010

Paint Stripping - A sort of guide.

Right I will start this off by say that I forgot to take before photos and so have pulled them from eBay (as that is where I got the models from).

I brought 4 models that where not painted to my taste or even very well!


I have removed the bases, ending up only destroying 1 to get it off without breaking the model!

These have been left to soak in Superdrug own brand acetone free nail varnish remover. You may be asking why acetone free is important, well this can also be used for removing paint on plastic models without damaging them! I guess any brand of acetone free nail varnish remover would work, I have only used Superdrug as that is what the girlfiend had in the flat.

After they have soaked for a good amount of time, I like to leave metal models overnight you need to attack them with an old toothbrush to remove any paint from the detail areas. 

After that rinse them throughly in cold water to remove any trace of the stripping and you should have a good as new model.

I will post up photos of the 4 models I have soaking at the moment later when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment